Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm a lover AND a fighter...

isn't that how the saying goes?? It's been an emotional and mental roller coaster around here these past few days...
Hmm...where shall I begin??
Some unexpected things came up with Hazel Brown Designs...I won't go into detail at this time, however, I am dealing with it and while it's a HUGE annoyance, I have contacted who I need to contact and will continue to march on.
While dealing with said annoyance, I spent several hours on the phone instead of tiring my kids out and enjoying the day with them before the 1st day of school. The leg on my kitchen table fell off...yup, was trying to move it over so I could fit the baby's jumperoo through the back door and it just fell off. It's a new table!! Well, fairly new. I told you, that's part of the fighter in me...I'm like Hercules.
Then, I tried to get some work done in between phone calls but it didn't last for long because I realized my iron was broke...didn't want to work.
Did I mention my awesome husband who works for an awesome company came home like a superhero to fix the table, work from home, and help keep the kids quiet so I could have some grown up phone conversations to deal with previously mentioned annoyance (please see above, I know, details will come later).
I realized yesterday at 6pm that dinner was not ready and I had neglected to go to the grocery store as Niko will be spending his first FULL DAY of school today and I needed to pack his lunch. So my wonderful and supportive husband ran to McD's to pick up dinner for 7. I broke down and cried at the though of having to pack his lunch...ridiculous, I know...but if you know my son, his energy level functions at a 9 for a good chunk of the day, and Lord knows he eats and asks for a snack at least 12 times before noon, so trying to think up what would keep him satisfied at lunch until 2:45p when he walks through the door was kind of challenging. Well, uh, yea, THAT and the though of not having him around for lunchtime was kind of...sad...ughh...here come the tears...hold on...

OKAY! So fast forward, got the lunch packed, got his school bag ready, laid out his clothes, slept like a baby! I was exhausted.

This morning, I managed to get them out the door and to the bus stop and snapped a few shots...

Ahh...the traditional "Stand by the front door" back-to-school shot...

Walking to the bus stop, praying that Niko makes a wise decision to stay out of the sprinklers!!

The gang...

Getting on the bus...I didn't even cry...

That's right! I didn't cry...I cried the night before thinking about lunches...and earlier in the morning when he told me he wanted to walk to the bus stop alone. Somebody please freeze time...now...PLEASE!!

Now with all that said, I will continue to work on this annoyance today, I have a photo shoot to prepare for on Sunday for Hazel Brown Designs...the little models will be ready so it sure would be nice if I could have their clothing ready, get emotional as Sophie will have her kindergarten preview tomorrow and her first day on Friday, get the house cleaned so I can have people over to celebrate Mom's birthday...hmmm...if you need anything, DON'T CALL ME!!

Okay, and last but not least, some wonderful people whom I don't even know helped me out a ton yesterday. Thanks to them and to the great friends, old and new, who got me in touch with them....and to my awesome husband who always has my back. In the whole scheme of things, I really do feel blessed to be surrounded by some terrific people...and when all is said and done...they are what's important...not some stupid annoyance...

(cut away to your favorite children's clothing designer commercial...hmmm, say, a Hazel Brown Designs one! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment