Saturday, May 1, 2010

Where's the Fire??

We survived the first night with Niko's arm in a sling...but not without tossing and turning and hearing him whimper and cry every time he moved. Matt got up with him everytime to help him get comfortable. I got up with him this morning at 7am to watch XMen. By 9:15am he had said "I wish I didn't have a broken arm" about 5 times. Once he gets his cast on, he'll be better. It won't hurt him anymore. I think this is the longest he's gone without running and jumping!!

So Livi was the next one to roll out of bed and daddy took her to the grocery store with him. She scored a picture with one of our fine firemen of Naperville...

 Isn't she a cutie!?? I love how her glasses are over her hair and over her ears...I could eat her up!!

Then I heard Fiona crying so I went up to get the babies. Fiona instantly stops when she sees me and flashes me a gum-full of smiles! I love it! She's always so happy. And my girlfriend's mom, Mary, always says she never sees any pics of Fiona...so here's a few...

she's rolling over now....

...goofy girl!!

When I got in the girls' room, Madi says, "Momma? Where daddy go?" She must've seen him out her window leaving to go to the store. Then she hands me her diaper that she had taken off and says, "I go pee pee"...Oh, lovely!! I think I could start potty training her...but then I think again...I don't even wanna go there right now.

So now, Matt's on a run to Costco with the three big girls. Yes, our family is big enough that we need to get 3 gallons of milk, 3 dozen eggs, 4 loaves of bread, the giant bag of breakfast sausages, 10 pounds of ground beef, and then some. I used to see people in line there and think "what's that lady gonna do with all that meat?" or "how long does it take them to get through all that milk?" and now...I know.

So, I'm hangin' out with Fi and Niko's watching Star Wars on Matt's laptop. I should probably get showered and get some stuff done before I go downtown for my cousin's bachelorette party. What does a 33-year-old mom of 5 wear to the club these days??

(cut away to a Huggies Pull Ups commercial...)

No comments:

Post a Comment