Wednesday, April 28, 2010

They grow up too fast...

So Niko and Sophie come in from the backyard..."Mommy! We have a great idea! Sophie and me wanna live in the swingset!" Oh geez, I think...I can't wait to hear this one. So Nikolas quickly gets to drawing his "plans"...I can hear them discussing the details..."We can put a couch in there!", "We'll have to cut your bunk bed in half because it won't fit", "No, no, we need to put a roof on it so we don't get cold!"...and here I'm thinking, "wow, they're really putting some thought into this!"

A few minutes later, Niko brings the plans to show me...





Niko: "Mommy, can you show this to daddy so he can build this for me?"
Me: "Why do you want to live in your swingset?"
Niko: "So we can live by ourselves!"
Sophie: "Yea! We want to live by ourselves!"
Me: "Well, if you want to live by yourselves you need to get jobs and figure out how you're going to pay for this."
Niko (not phased by what I just said): " Look! This is my room, this is my bed, the cable box, the tv and the stairs to go to Sophie's room." (typical boy stuff...had to make sure he had a cable box!"
Me: "How are you going to get a tv or a cable box?"
Sophie: "You're gonna get it! And when we run out of money, we can move back home!" (typical girl, right? lookin' for someone else to pick up the tab...)
Niko: "We're gonna get jobs mom. And Sophie's gonna live with me. And my girlfriend. And Sophie's boyfriend. Do you have a boyfriend, Sophie?"
Sophie: "ugh...(rolls her eyes)...yeeessss...."
Niko (thinking to himself): "Wait...do I even have a girlfriend?"

Well...he thought about that one for a few minutes...long enough for me to make and serve them some PB&J's...

Niko: "Oh yea, I do have a girlfriend. Her name is Gianna. Mommy, just don't worry about it. Can you give this to daddy so he can build it?"

Sure son...I'll get right on that...

(cut away to an e-harmony commercial...)

No comments:

Post a Comment